Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1980 Gas Pusher?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1980 Gas Pusher?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
I bet it is the gas pusher from Quakertown Pa. that has been recently discussed. Little bit of a typo on the year I think.
Don
http://providence.craigslist.org/rvs/1755137229.html

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
401-596-xxxx is Misquamicut, RI
quote:

1980, 34’ Barth Motorhome in very good condition. Runs great, 55,000 miles, new water pump, new batteries, new roof air conditioner, new battery power converter, new flat panel tvs, recent service included rear brakes. Bath w/full size shower, double sink, large refrigerator. 2 flat panel tvs w/dvd built in. hard wood floor and cabinets, 2 roof air conditioners, generator w/low miles. Tow car and tow set up included.
We have invested over 4,000 dollars in repairs and upgrades to fully restore this classic well built motorhome. Visit https://www.barthmobile.com/ for full info on Barth Company quality.

A must see, call 401-596-0961 for appointment.
It might not be the same coach. I'm only basing it on the color and location of the fog lights. The 460 pusher we have talked about in the past is tag number 8810 3569 34RG0 B2 with a Vin# 10T9N9A40J1035272.

They might be a member of our site, they did plug Barthmobile in their ad. Here is the link to the Quakertown Barth that Jack inspected.

If it is the same coach, it sure has gotten around alot. Might even be a record for the Barth with the highest turnover rate.

I would hate to think that we're not giving this coach a fair shake before all the info is in. Might be a great unit... I, for one, wouldn't have an issue with a 460 pusher, but then again, that's just me.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I, for one, wouldn't have an issue with a 460 pusher, but then again, that's just me.

My only issue would be the weight. I don't think we have an actual weigh-in, but it could be very heavy for a gasser.

Does anyone recall what tranny it has?

Heck, if I really liked the coach, and could buy it right, a diesel re-power might be something to consider. Lemme find a late Cummins-powered Dodge in a wrecking yard. But, I would have to measure engine lengths first. Frowner

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I think it's on a john deere chassis????
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
The one in Quakertown Pa. was a side aisle floorplan, the same as this one, that's why I thought it might be the same unit. That one had an Oshkosh chassis and an Allison tranny. It has gotta be heavy, everything looked big except that little 460 engine in that great big engine compartment.

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speculate no more, It was a typo, my Barth is an 89, my bad. It seems to have plenty of power to me, and is equiped with a side electric radiator to gather air in addition to the radiator in the rear. I have been listed as a member for several months and have recieved very good help from some of the poeple on this side. We are selling the motorhome due to the fact we dont feel comfortable driving it but if we do not sell her i plan on trying to make it to one of the gatherings.

Posts: 3 | Location: New England | Member Since: 08-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post