Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1972 on craigslist
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of jjustin
posted
seattle craigslist ad medical lake, wa. the guy is asking $15k what is up with that?

Posts: 19 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Member Since: 05-12-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that, too. I like the floorplan, but everyone has their own idea of what something is worth...

Posts: 42 | Location: WI | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Part of the problem is that the original owners paid big bucks but between depreciation and market competition the coaches are selling for way less.

The owners are invariably disappointed by the low market prices and they are insulted by the prospective buyers low offers. The buyers, in turn, are put off by the high asking prices.

For some reason, people seem very hesitant to say what they actually paid for their coaches. If we saw more SELLING prices both buyers and sellers would have a more realistic idea of their value. hmm

Many of the sellers visit this site, sell their coaches, disappear and don't even contribute to our site. Meanwhile very few buyers have stated what they actually paid, many disappear until they need something later on.

My personal view is that roadworthy gassers are generally worth around 8-10k maybe 15k for the exceptional ones. Diesels go for 17k to about 25k with the newest and biggest ones up to 30K. I don't think any have sold for much over 30.

We often see asking prices as high as 20k for gassers and 35k and over for diesels but as I said before we rarely see the final prices, too bad.

It would be good if we could get more final sale feedback, it might make it easier for buyers and sellers to find common ground.

Just sayin'

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5194 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/5785155723.html

Not much of a description.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
I paid $23K for the Breakaway XL I had (had $27K total in it after improvements), and sold it for $24K(sold in three days). Had an opportunity to buy it back for $28K but passed because even though improvements had been made to it, to me it had a top value of $25K. The current owner has plans to continue enjoying it.

I've made a chart at what I feel the value is on the different models.(very close to Steve VW's figures). I'm going to stick to it. For example...my opinion is that the Tom's Monarch is priced right (good deal), but the 1985 gasser with 156K miles that has been listed for four months is not realistic,(probably why it has not sold).

The 1990 Regal that was remodeled with white painted cabinets sold for "just under the $20K" he was asking. I had put a value of $15K-16K on it.

The Regency that Charlie had listed, sold for his listing price of $26.9 (according to Charlie).

When I find our next "Barth Ride", I'll share with everyone the final transaction,(still looking and need one,(Regal, Breakaway or Regency), within the next couple of months.

Just another opinion.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Bravo, Michael. This is exactly the kind of data that buyers and sellers need.

When I looked at Charlie's coach I told him he could ask what he wanted but at 25-26k I was sure it should sell quickly. He wanted a bit more (like any seller would) but he evidently accepted the advice and as you said, it sold quickly.

Realistically we should not expect to make money when we sell, more likely we will not get what we put into it. Best to consider the difference as the price we pay for our enjoyment and good memories.

Personally, I tend to keep things a long time, when I am done with something I pretty much walk away and turn it over to whomever wants it, without concern for payback. The value has already been received while I enjoyed it.

My Regal is a good example. I paid 10k for it, have at least 25k in it now. When I sell it it will go for less than 15k as the market dictates. It is worth every penny I lose. The trips I have taken, people I have met, and the learning experiences while working are priceless. Yeah, I'm weird, oh well.

Thanks for your candor Michael, good luck with your search. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5194 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jjustin
posted Hide Post
I heard back from the guy who placed the ad. he owns the medical lake resort where the Barth is parked. listing it for the owner. it is being used as a storage unit and will be emptied soon. he'll get interior pics then.

Posts: 19 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Member Since: 05-12-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post