Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    !967 Barth Camper 14' - $950 (Mt Vernon, Oh)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

!967 Barth Camper 14' - $950 (Mt Vernon, Oh)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
http://columbus.craigslist.org/rvs/4692834232.html

The camper is 14 ft
sleeps two
has new fridge,
newer hot water tank,
new axle and tires
the stove works good
has a furnace and air conditioner,
shower,
toilet,
comes with a new hitch and sway bar if needed.
See pics....
Will make a nice camper for two people
or a hunting camper.
We are willing to take a decent offer.
740-392-1674
Need to sell.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
I am interested in this camper, but would like to tap into the experienced Barth camper owners on this forum. Anything in particular to look for? Any common problems to zero-in on such as floor structures? Would appreciate all advice.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
(1) It is a travel trailer, not a camper.
(2) As you suggest, the floor will be the likely culprit. The patented aluminum wall/ceiling framing preclude the rot usually exhibited in stick and staple construction RVs.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Was hoping to hear from someone that has/had actually owned and/or restored one of these campers, not from someone bored and looking for something to pick at.
Camper: a portable dwelling(as a specially equipped trailer) for use during casual travel and camping.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I have 2 trailers, I had to replace a spot in the floor just inside the door on both. Not a big job, I wouldn't worry over it.

Not sure what that is over the bumper on the back. Maybe some kind of homemade storage box.

It looks like it might have the winged rock guard on the front. I wish I had one of those.

Barth trailers are pretty much bulletproof in my opinion. I see alot of trailers going for much more that are not nearly as solid. This looks like a good deal to me.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
I talked to the owner and it is a storage box mounted on the back and it does have the shield on the front.

Thanks for the info and sharing your opinion on the value. It does sound like a good deal.