Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

68 Barth Trailer
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted
I thought I had bought this trailer from Kevin, sent him the money as requested and now Kevin chooses not to talk to me on the phone. Since I can't get him to communicate with me I have no way of getting the paperwork needed to put this trailer in my name.

So, did I buy this trailer or not?

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
I thought I had bought this trailer from Kevin, sent him the money as requested and now Kevin chooses not to talk to me on the phone. Since I can't get him to communicate with me I have no way of getting the paperwork needed to put this trailer in my name.

So, did I buy this trailer or not?

(putting on his fake lawyer's hat).........In a criminal court, he owns it until he signs the title.

It would interesting to see what an insurance person would say about liability and change of title.

In a civil court, it's a little murkier, since he accepted payment. What documentation do you have of the payment and him accepting your offer? Just an oral contract, or e mail, or what?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Western union receipt in the amount that he had listed for sale also PM's telling where to send western union money and the amount

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Posted 07-12-2010 08:26 PM
kevin moller
1410 sw 16th st 248
gainesville,fl
cost to send wu same day is 46.00 so send 550.00 as soon as possible email your address and i will send paperwork
Stompin' Grounds: gainesville | Member Since: 11-19-2009

This is the Private Message I received from him.

Mary

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Do you suppose he got a better offer and sold it out from under you?

anybody know a lawyer near Gainesville?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
We will be on our way to Florida tonite with said credentials in hand and will see what the local law enforcement has to say.

More to follow LOL

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Are you aware that google says above address is "Rush Lake Motel"? call and see if they are still checked in. Just an idea. Doris

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
He is registered there.

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I called and the front desk said he would call me back in about 15 minutes, we shall see

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Mary: We are praying for a happy ending to this situation..................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
He called and gave me info I had requested.

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
thanks Carl, I think all will be well now that he knows I know where he is.

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Doris, that tidbit of info did the trick, I have been trying to get him to call me since yesterday noon. I am very thankful for info.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Mary, are you going down now to get this trailer? It might be in your best interest to get it before there is an issue.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
We are leaving tonite about 10:00, after finally talking to Kevin this afternoon I don't anticipate any problems.

Mary