Tools
Reply To This Topic

I found an '85 for sale in Gladstone, Oregon
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I hope I'm posting this right Smiler
85 22 foot Barth for sale
quote:
1985 Barth 22 ' Motorhome: Priced right for a quick sale.

Chev P30 454 Chassis.
165,000 miles

This is nice size for a couple to travel. Parks in any parking lot...Footprint is like a doully Pickup.
We have really enjoyed this RV for nearly 20 years,,,lots of memories. We just got a wild hair and bought a bigger RV with a little more room as we are just retired and want to spend a lot more time traveling. We recently returned from 1 month on the road to eastern Oregon Pulling our Blazer behind.

We rebuilt the transmission in May, it failed just as we were getting ready to leave on our trip.

We rebuilt the Refrigerator when we got back, it quit some time ago.

So we were ready to keep it for a while longer when we found the bigger motorhome, and now it is time to say "Bye" to our friend BART

The HANDLING AND DRIVEABILITY is spectacular. I am suspension engineer and have made a lot of modifications:
1 1/2" Front sway bar with Polyurethane Bushings
1 3/4" Rear sway bar with Polyurethane bushing
Quad Shocks on the front, 2 are Bilsteins with my valving specs, 2 are KYB Monomax RV units
Rear shocks are Bilsteins with special valving.
You won't believe how smoothe and stable our Motorhome rides...My wife does most of the driving and is very comfortable.

It has been well cared for, oil changes every 3000 miles.

The interior is very nice, all cabinets are solid cherry wood,,,not the cheezy light 1/8" plywood in most RV's

Automatic 3 way Fridge just rebuilt last month...Freezer goes sub zero and frig stays just above freezing all the time, depending on your setting.

propane range

Microwave.

6.5 KW big generator

2 sink galley

Couch folds out to queen size bed.

2 captain chairs are very comfortable.

New carb last year
Starter is about 2 years old and has a heat shield installed

Front brakes completely rebuilt last year

Tires about 2 yrs old are in good shape.

new Engine starting BATTERY

2 golf-cart 6v batterys for house power.

long shore power cord,

Power converter for 12v operation when on shore power.

Head with sink, the holding tank holds 34 gallons.

25 gallon water tank

10 gallon Propane tank

2ea GAS tanks, each holds about 30 gallons.

Heavy duty hitch receiver, you can tow anything.

We think BART has a lot of life left, this is a MUST SEE.

Call GLEN at 503 819 7847 to see and Drive "BART"

Posts: 20 | Location: Laramie, WY | Member Since: 07-13-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post