Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1992 Barth - $19900 (melbourne fl)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1992 Barth - $19900 (melbourne fl)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/rvs/4358702543.html

1992 Barth Motor Home has all new batteries, tires, brakes and regulator. With the Onan generator you can run the air conditioning and most anything else you need to rough it in the great outdoors. The vehicle has two air conditioners one for the front and one for the rear. There is a great deal of storage both inside and outside the motor home. It is in very good shape and runs great. Comes with a Cummins Diesel engine and the Allison Transmission for superb reliability. The tires are new and everything works. This motor home is owned and maintained by a disabled veteran and, as you would expect it is very well maintained. It has 80,000 miles and will bring a lot of enjoyment to the future owner. Call me at 321-266-5476 and make an appointment...see pics

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
As usual, the lister didn't think to post the length; however, based on the interior pix, it appears to be a 28' Breakaway

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Rusty, I agree.
seems to be 28-BS-1B

In as much as 160hp was standard on 28, and 190hp was optional, that is a major unknown, a $1,600 option.
has about a hundred thousand fewer miles than Dr. Yale's had when I got it. So, it has a lot of life left in it. looks very good. newer flat TV overhead. Newer backup camera monitor(no, maybe not). had to chuckle because little girl's clothes make the closet look HUGE.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow what a beautiful looking coach should sell very fast !!

Posts: 27 | Location: royal oak michigan | Member Since: 09-07-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
should sell very fast
You would think so but mine at $2000 less and 15000 fewer miles and all the usual problems, i.e. rear main seal and exhaust header, fixed, is still on the market. I am going to raise the price. It's too good to let go at the old number.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/17
posted Hide Post
Mogan you win the prize!

I spoke with Miles and asked for tag pics. Received photos of paper docs but most are too blurry to publish. Here are a couple that I scaled... please delete if not appropriate.

He has not owned the coach for very long, had it checked at a local dealer prior to purchase, and had front brake work done during one of their early voyages if I understood correctly.

Bill

Posts: 32 | Location: Highland, Michigan | Member Since: 02-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Bill, attachment will not open on my iMac.
opens something resembling a blank Word document page.

If the seller has not owned it long, he might not genuinely know the maintenance history as well as his ad implies. Furthermore, he might not have the underlying Barth knowledge that Jim & Tere have developed. I was wondering if it has spent most of its years exposed to the elements.
Did you ask if it has Peninsula windows (a $3,465 option)?
When I got Dr. and Helen Yale's coach, I got extensive maintenance and repair documentation (which I passed along to Turtle along with docs of the work I'd arranged). Such material can make a world of difference. I got some from the PO of my class B. But, nothing from the original owner :^(

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
You would think so but mine at $2000 less

$900 less deadhorse

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/17
posted Hide Post
Sorry, lets try this...

Posts: 32 | Location: Highland, Michigan | Member Since: 02-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
should sell very fast
You would think so but mine at $2000 less and 15000 fewer miles and all the usual problems, i.e. rear main seal and exhaust header, fixed, is still on the market. I am going to raise the price. It's too good to let go at the old number.

Jim and Tere
I have not seen the photos of your 28 ft Barth that's for sale. The link from Knoxville Craigslist has expired. Can you send me the info and Pixs? Thanks
Hank
hankjoiner01@gmail.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Athens ga | Member Since: 07-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hank Joiner:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
should sell very fast

Jim and Tere
I have not seen the photos of your 28 ft Barth that's for sale. The link from Knoxville Craigslist has expired. Can you send me the info and Pixs? Thanks
Hank
hankjoiner01@gmail.com

see pages 1 & 3 of this thread:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/1753900087

I also emailed you the 1992 Breakaway brochure

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
That's a nice lookin Barth

Posts: 85 | Location: Athens ga | Member Since: 07-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
new price: $17300

https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/rvs/4586088120.html

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post