Tools
Reply To This Topic

North Port Fla Big Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
We happened to be coming up 41 through N.Port today and saw a sign saying RV Technologies, or something close to that, and a S&S SOB out front, and off to the side a Big Barth. Swung around and pulled in but the place doesn't open til Jan 5. The Barth is a beater, old and used, silver and blue, 3208 Cat Silver Anniversary sticker on the back, and a Grandpa and Grandma's sticker mid-back. I'll get back down there to get some pix and find out the story of this one being there when they open up the place. The data tag was in place but we couldn't see it clear enough to get any numbers. Don't worry Nick, I'll get you a photo ASAP. The ceiling and cabinetry looked very nice from what we could see so it might not be a bad coach, just a lot more than I would take on.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Heading down today for the "Grand Opening". Hope the Barth is still there. Bringing the camera and hoping they'll let me get a data tag shot.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Not having a good day with pictures. I tried to send a couple to Bill but typed in his addy as sender and Kodak wouldn't let me fix it, then Photo#ucket wouldn't upload them to post here. They won't let me upload anything any more, just say Error 504 every time.
Anyway, I met the proprietor of American RV Technology, Inc., a very nice guy named Frederick Lawrence. He's living in the Barth for now and fixing it up. It's a little rough but the cabinets are beautiful and he really seams to know what he's doing. Hey, he was smart enough to buy a Barth! He has big plans to be servicing everything but drive trains, and I wish him well. I told him about the site so don't be surprised if he drops in. Hope Bill can add the pix.

79 Barth Classic

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Not having a good day with pictures. Hope Bill can add the pix.

It's a Gillig with a 3208 Cat.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, sorry to bug you so much today.
BTW, this coach is NOT FOR SALE!! Just a "sighting". It's a side aisle. Looks to be one of the first Gilligs from the date and #.

79 Barth Classic

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Do you have more pictures to share Danny?

BTW: This Tag make the 250th Barth we have listed in our Data Tag Project.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Of this coach or do you meen anything? Either way, not right now, but I know how to do it now when something comes up. Sure wish I could figure out why PB won't work for me any more.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Stopped by to see Frederick yesterday and he says the Barth is up for sale. Needs absolutely nothing! Gillig, 3208, ready for the road. He's looking for 30G. I told him about the site so maybe he'll post it here soon.

79 Barth Classic

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Barth is a beater, old and used,

quote:
Needs absolutely nothing! He's looking for 30G.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The first quote was Dec 09. The second was yesterday. The owner owns a booming RV business, and has worked on this coach for the time since, replacing and rehabbing everything. I'm not a frickin idiot.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
yeah! What my brother said. Thumbs Up

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Hey Danny, for what it's worth I didn't take it that Bill H was dissing you, just pointing out the disparity. You cleared that up. Anyone that hangs out here knows your a great guy, very talented, married to a great woman and have a pretty cool brother. Nuff said cheers

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Corey: Thumbs Up

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post