Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Have we seen this one before?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Have we seen this one before?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of DougZ
posted
This looks like a it might be a nice ride for someone in the North East.

Barth for sale

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
WOW! For 10 G you could do all the suspension upgrades, put tires on her, and still be ahead. Looks like a real deal if this is the coach you're looking for. Holland where?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Holland where?
Outside of Buffalo NY.

Chances are it's an MCC that is 35' long. But, 1985 was the first year they had the Gillig Chassis, so you never know.

Get a picture of the data tag. Also, if the vin begins with 1RP then it is an MCC - 15G is a Gillig

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Would counting lug nuts tell us anything?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Looks a lot like the one I saw south of Circleville, Ohio in 2002. I was curious to find more information, found this site, Dave told me about MCIs and no purchase to date.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
It looks like a twin to my 1985 35' MCC Regency...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
if the vin begins with 1RP then it is an MCC...
I was sent this by the owner of this coach.
quote:
1984 Barth Regency- 35' Rear Diesel
Vin # 1rp1a5860e1us1052

Detroit Diesel 8.2 L 205 HP Turbocharged Rear Pusher
Allison AT 545 Transmission - 4 speed automatic
125 Gallon Diesel Fuel Tank
Rear Island Queen Bed
Two 13.5 BTU Roof Air Conditioners
Front AC replaced with new one 1992
Three 16,000 BTU LPG Furnaces with Individual Thermostats
HWH Hydraulic Leveling Jack System
Kool-a-Matic Ceiling Fan
Michelin SB Radials
Alcoa Aluminum Wheels
Zip Dee Patio Awning
New Fabric May 1992
Three Zip Dee Window Awnings
Closed Circuit Back-up Monitor
Automatic electric Step
Kohler Gas Generator (7.5 KW) with 40 gal gas tank
Dometic 8 cu ft 2-way refrigerator
New August 1996
LPG Hot Water Heater
New 1989
LP Gas Detector
Trailer Hitch (wired for transmission pump for towed vehicle)
Cole-Hersee Battery Disconnect System
Amana Programable Microwave/Convection Oven
Four Burner Recessed Range Top with Stainless Steel Cover
Two AC/DC Color Remote Controlled TVs
Roof-mounted Storage Compartments (50 cu ft total
Air Horns
Roof Mounted Remote Spotlight
Six Way Power Driver's and Co-Pilots seats
Hand Rubbed Cherry Wood Cabinetry
Imron Paint February 1990
New Berber Carpet and Vinyl July 1993
New Front End Remanufactured With New Spring, Ball Joints and Steering
Sector and Proper Alignment on 1 August 1995

And here is the blurb from craigslist.
quote:
I am selling my motor home. It is an 1984 Barth, 34', Diesel pusher, Fuel pincher, Detroit diesel. It has a rear bedroom with a queen size bed and matress, bathroom has toilet, sink and shower. Cherry cabinets, sleeps about 6, tv, back up tv, 2 roof top air conditioners. It has 80,000 miles on it and has 3 new awnings. 2 on drivers side for windows and one big one on passangers side over the door. It also has a stove and refrig. Runs Good. I am asking only $10,000 for it but am willing to trade. If you are interested please call me, Leo at 716-432-9100.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
So when are you leaving Bill? Wink

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
My brother lives outside of Buffalo and is leaving shortly to go see the vehicle. I have asked him to get the data tag info and to confirm the engine and operating conditions. He tells me the owner bought this as a repo out of a divorce and it has been garaged in a pole shed and did not sit out in the Buffalo elements. The tires are supposed to be less than three years old and the engine and generator have been regularly run under load. I will post his report.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We may become a Barth family! My brother has inspected the coach and is making an offer. If they do not reach an agreement he will forward his opinion of its flaws and refinements. For info the data tag is 8309-0030-35DC
Tom

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom K:
We may become a Barth family!
Cool - did he tell him that he saw it here?
quote:
My brother has inspected the coach and is making an offer. If they do not reach an agreement he will forward his opinion of its flaws and refinements.
The seller told me that it hasn't been on the road since the mid 90's. He did say that they've moved it around the yard a few times.
quote:
For info the data tag is 8309-0030-35DC
My money is that your brother got it wrong - just by a wee bit - it probably is 8309-0030-35RD-C. Did he happen to take pictures that you can forward to me? Including one of the tag.

Please remind him what I've told many people - DO NOT OVERHEAT THAT ENGINE!!! If he blows a coolant hose on the way home he should immediately park it or be prepared to drop a motor in it. These engines can not take ANY overheating conditions.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
I have asked him for pictures but he doesn't do 'puters or digital so I amnoot sure. He has 30 ears experience with diesels and has a friend who has a fleet of DD powered trucks. His plan is to bring the team to the coach and do all the prep work on site before they move it a large shop. This is only a few miles from the Barth. He did say the owner helped him deploy the awning only to find a bee hive and being allergic they called a pest control company to come fix the problem. As far as I know they have not agreed on a price yet so this is still speculation. It is not air suspension nor turbo so that might be a case of marginal power for a 35 foot motorhome.

Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
I believe it is a turbo.... The DD 8.2 @ 205 HP is a turbo.... Thats the same coach as mine and the same engine..... My data tag is
#8407-0042-35RDB

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
For info the data tag is 8309-0030-35DC
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
...it probably is 8309-0030-35RD-C.
Here are the Floorplans for the MCC Chassis 35RD-A,B,C

It looks like they took out the "Living Room Wardrobe Closet" and installed a "Dinette" instead.

Looking at the floorplan options, There is a window where the Dinette is supposed to be, but not one in this image.

Wonder if that was a factory job or if someone did it later?

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Bill, if you look closely at the floor plans the A and B show the window at the dinette area but NOT the "C".... It does look like that table was added later where the wardrobe would have been from the factory.... The bedroom door is also located further rear without the closets in the bedroom, i assume because of the integrity of the bathroom wall? Did they ever put the DD 8.2 in a Gillig chassis? Otherwise it sure looks like ours, and WHAT a ride with that independent suspension!!!

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"