Barthmobile Portal
Value for a Legend trailer

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6141087061/m/750108632

02-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Marvin+Doris
Value for a Legend trailer
This is an enclosed cargo trailer 26 feet. Is there something like NADA for trailers? Or does any racecarhauler know this brand? It is 3 years old with a V nose and I am considering trading for it and just try to get a fare deal.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

02-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Shadow man
Could you check on ebay and see if there are any for sale and what the bidding is like?
02-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Moonbeam-Express
http://www.legendmfginc.com/

Nice brand, all aluminum.

Value dependent on year, shape, mileage, and options.

26' is a big and heavy trailer. I tow a 16' aluminum enclosed with my Barth (325HP) and I can state I would not want anything more than, say, 20' due to weight and clearance.

Trailers tend to be made regionally, so you see brands locally. There are a few well recognized national brands like Featherlite or Wells Cargo, but Legend is a Michigan company, so I would expect their dealer network to be within a 1000 miles of there.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
02-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Moonbeam-Express
One more thing, I had a V nose before I had my current Horton Hauler which is a flat nose. I'll never own a V again. When a Tractor Trailer or bus gets up along side the V, you can really feel the "bow wake" of air wagging your tail sideways with the V. With the flat nose I feel nothing.

I also could feel crosswinds much more with the V, especially when towed behind my truck. The concept of the V nose is that it should be more efficient, but I believe that is almost all hype and perception based advertising. In a wind tunnel I don't think the V nose would show much improvement as it doesn't extend much above the truck and nothing above an RV. The V nose also gives you less room than a comparable flat nose.

Finally, if this 26 footer has 3 ft of tongue, anything more than a 31' RV would be over length in several states.

I realize I'm assuming you would tow with your Barth, a 1 ton truck would be a good match for this trailer.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
02-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Patch1st
I just checked Ebay and I'm in Mich. here is all I found and it is 29'... There are alot of hitches listed ubder "Legend" but not many trailers...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ptZMotorsQ5fTrailers

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"
02-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Moonbeam-Express
quote:
all I found and it is 29'

The trailer in the Ebay ad is specifically a snowmobile trailer. They are Drive Through, so the V nose is required. If you've ever tried to wrestle a sled back out of a trailer you would know why this is such a necessary feature.

Snowmobile trailers are usually full width to accommodate the newer and wider sleds (2 across). They are often lower ceiling height than a car trailer, different weight capacities and have different tie down structures. This one on EBay is as big as I've ever seen, so it may be built on a car hauler base, but smaller trailers can be a miss-match.

Notice the small doors on the side for fueling each sled.