Barthmobile Portal
N00Z from teh G33k

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6141087061/m/6561018012

08-14-2012, 07:20 AM
DougZ
N00Z from teh G33k
Although PDF files are far and away the choice of most companies to transmit information and prints, I do not use Adobe to read them anymore. I use FoxIt. This is the most amazing program for PDF files that I have found. It will even let you annotate prints and documents. Best of all it is free.

W4JDZ
10-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Rusty
Skypers Beware!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
12-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Rusty
On Facebook?

You should read this!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
12-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Rusty
If you're in the market for a laptop, you might want to check out woot!. I'd been searching for a replacement for my aging Dell and Panasonic Toughbook, and finally, after several months found this one that had the features I wanted, for much less than anywhere else on the 'net.

I've dealt with woot! for years, and have never had a disappointment, and it's nice to deal with a web vendor with a lighthearted approach. (The order confirms thank you for throwing cash at them).

They offer a diverse - even eclectic - offering of products at various times.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Rusty
Surprising Customer Service!

I mentioned above I had bought a new HP laptop. While it operated well, the app to create restore DVDs was missing. Further, I couldn't get the SSD (Solid State Drive, which I bought to replace the HDD) configured - and Win XP (Plan to dual boot) froze before installing.

I used the online chatroom to contact HP tech support. This first experience was "A representative will be with you in 2 minutes". After 30, I exited. A couple of days later, I reopened the ticket and got immediate response.

The rep agree to send recovery disks, and came up with the solution for the Win XP/SSD config problems. I later received a phone call to confirm the suggestions worked.

This is a vast improvement over prior experiences with HP tech support.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

01-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Rusty
I Think I've Mentioned this Before...

Those Late-night "Is Your PC Running Slowly?"

Here.

In addition to the recommendations on Arstechnica, I encourage the purchase and use of System Mechanic, available at Sam's Club and some Walmarts for ~$33.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

01-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Dick Dubbs
quote:
System Mechanic

what do you think of this?http://www.tuneup360.com/speeduppc.html?gclid=CNmxifWwi7UCFQixnQodEiwA0A

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

04-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Rusty
It's the 20th Anniversary of Myst!

Here

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

04-13-2013, 12:33 AM
bill h
Forwarded to my youngest. He was big on it.

thank you

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
04-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Rusty
Living Social?

Take a look at this...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

05-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Rusty
Best Free Antivirus Software

According to DigitalTrends...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

05-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Jim and Tere
Rusty, do you have a recommendation? I have 'Microsoft Security Essentials', 'Malware Bytes', and 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security'.
Thanks
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny
05-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Rusty
I use Avast!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

05-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Dick Dubbs
quote:
I use Avast!

I too, use Avast. I, at the recomendation by Avast, subscribed to iyogi for repair service. It wasn't very long after that I received a call from iyogi suggesting a routine service be performed under my contract which I set up. After attempting to turn over control to the tech with a bunch of advised maneuvers the tech declared my maching is old and suffering with terminal illness. Thumbs Down Now since I am a loyal and respected client they can supply me with a new and better computer at a very favorable price, D'ohetc. etc...
I talked with someone at Avast and they admitted they were having a problem with iyogi, I think he said there was a law suit in progress. I unsubscribed from iyogi and to my surprize they gave me no bs and ever sent me a check for a generous pro rata rebate. Thumbs Up Avast now either has their own tech staff or are affiliated with a better one. In fact the tech I recently dealt with was very understandable, barely a trace of an accent. FWIW ......... cheers

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

05-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Rusty
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
I use avast also.. Since upgrading my pc to windows 7 with 64 bit photobucket will not complete an upload. Do I need a plug in, or a java update or something? It starts upload and never finishes.

I have Win7/64 also, and have no issues with uploading to Photobucket - however, I use Eudora as my mail app. Note that some ISPs don't like large attachments. Try uploading just one image of <200K.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke