Barthmobile Portal
N00Z from teh G33k

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6141087061/m/6561018012

08-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Rusty
N00Z from teh G33k
Both Intel and AMD have been working on hardware to defend against malware of all kinds - virii, trojans, tracking software, etc.

Why Intel is buying McAfee is a puzzle; other than that it's a less-bad choice than Symantec/Norton, it makes no sense.

Intel has never done well with software.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
08-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Moonbeam-Express
Perhaps they'll change their name to Pray-tell

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
08-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Rusty
Getcher Red-Hot Google Chrome Updates!

Here's the scoop...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
08-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Rusty
Well, If in Ain't Malware, It's Yet a NUVI, er, New Problem

Garmin GPS receivers...fire hazard...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

10-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Rusty
Big Micro$oft Update Tuesday 10/12/10

Here if you're interested...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

10-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Rusty
Observations: Wi-Fi (IEEE) 801.11N

Having hardwired my home for 1 Gb network, there was no rush to install wi-fi. However, having got the little Panasonic CF-29 Toughbook, I ran out of hardports, so I installed a D-Link DIR-655 wi-fi/4 port router, which supports IEEE 801.11 B, G, and N protocols. A and B are pretty much obsolete and rarely encountered. G is the most common, at 54 Mbs.

Max on N is 300 Mbs, and with an external N adaptor on the toughbook, I get 270 Mbs - danged fast!

The point: If you're replacing an adaptor or wi-fi router, seriously consider one G and N compatible.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

10-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Dick Dubbs
yeah and if you're 19 years old and take some of this modern juice you can do a hundred in 9.7

oh I forgot, the Nikes

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

10-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Rusty
Danger with Facebook Apps

Here.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

12-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Rusty
AVG Antivirus Crashes Vista and Win7

Background and fix here

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Dick Dubbs
Re: Microsoft Security Essentials. The download instructions suggest that you uninstall all other anti virus and anti spyware before installing MSE. Is this necessary or are they just eliminating competition?

12-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Rusty
Hard to say; many users use MSE and other utilities. Some anti-whatever apps detect other anti-whatever apps as malicious.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

12-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Dick Dubbs
quote:
Hard to say; many users use MSE and other utilities. Some anti-whatever apps detect other anti-whatever apps as malicious.

Thank you. Specifically Avast.

12-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Rusty
I use Avast! but not MSE. Only way is to try both.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

12-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Rusty
BIG M$ Patch Tuesday 12/14/10

Here.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

12-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Rusty
You DO Occasionally Pull Your PC Case Cover...

And clean its innards out, don't you, Bippy?

Not everyone does.

I only had 2 that I serviced in that class.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke