Happily Using OSX (Mac Users)

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6141087061/m/6551031652

05-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Rusty
Happily Using OSX (Mac Users)
Oh yeah - see this! Seriously...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
05-29-2007, 02:10 AM
olroy
There were 3 days worth of comments on the subject article after Rusty posted, most pro-Mac.

The bottom line for me was this comment - varieties of malware floating around to affect Windows - 236,000. Varieties affecting Macs - 7.

I've never had a virus, can't remember when I had a crash. Occasionally my e-mail program freezes (Microsoft Entourage), & occasionally Firefox quits unexpectedly, but it always asks if I want to restore the previous session. I use it instead of Safari (Apple's own product) because it has a built-in spell checker, & I can't type worth a darn.

Indeed I am happy using Mac OS X.
05-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Rusty
There's no doubt that Macs are more resistant to intrusions than Windoze-based machines. However, IMHO, because Apple has gone to Intel-based machines, the likelihood of hacks will become more frequent.

Lke those of us using Windoze, the need for more vigilance for Mac users is increasing.\

I'll pass on what I find on my usually-travelled GeekSites...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields