Barthmobile Portal
Frugality

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6141087061/m/2713993577

10-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Mogan David
Frugality
Hey, you pilots, have not seen this one posted here before. I am calling it "Frugality":
Ed and his wife Norma go to the state fair every year, and every year Ed would say, " Norma, I'd like to ride in that helicopter "

Norma always replied, " I know Ed , but that helicopter ride is fifty bucks, and fifty bucks is fifty bucks! "

One year Ed and Norma went to the fair, and Ed said, " Norma, I'm 75 years old.. If I don't ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance."

To this, Norma replied, " Ed, that helicopter ride is fifty bucks, and fifty bucks is fifty bucks."

The pilot overheard the couple and said, "Folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and don't say a word I won't charge you a penny! But if you say one word it's fifty dollars."

Ed and Norma agreed and up they went.

The pilot did all kinds of fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard.

He did his daredevil tricks over and over again,

But still not a word...

When they landed, the pilot turned to Ed and said, "By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out, but you didn't. I'm impressed!"

Ed replied, "Well, to tell you the truth I almost said something when Norma fell out, but you know, fifty bucks is fifty bucks! "
10-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Kirk & Elise
Here's one that '50 bucks' reminded me of. Apologies if this is old and worn out:

There are 4 people on an airplane: the pilot, the Smartest Man in the World, a priest, and a teenager. About halfway through the flight the engines cut out and the plane is going down, so the passengers must jump out to save themselves.

The problem: there were only 3 parachutes. They are arguing about who is going to get a parachute.

The pilot yells: “I’m married and have 4 kids! My family needs me!” So he grabs a parachute, puts it on, and jumps out of the plane.

The Smartest Man in the World yells: “I’m the smartest man in the world and the world needs me!”, grabs a parachute and jumps out of the plane.

The priest turns to the teenager and says: “Well son. I’ve lived a long productive life; I know where I’m going when I die. You take the last parachute as you have your whole life still ahead of you”.

“But Father, there are 2 parachutes left” the kid says.

The priest looks toward heaven and replies that this must be divine intervention: "The Lord has provided another parachute!".

“Well”, the teen says, "Maybe so, but the Smartest Man in the World just jumped out with my backpack on".

1989 22' Regal