Barthmobile Portal
Barth Regency Gillig Steering column & wheel

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4781063702/m/1083934777

02-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Tom and Julie
Barth Regency Gillig Steering column & wheel
As with most junkies I just couldn't stop myself from upgrading my coach. I bought a new Smart Wheel steering column and wheel and have installed it to replace the original Barth Gillig system. The Original is a tilt and telescoping column with a large leather wrapped wheel. I has horn, turn signals and hazard switch and they all work. My new one has cruise, wipers and lights in addition to all the above. It has a 1" spline shaft that connects to a universal on the steering shaft. I doubt these are available and Gillig wants a grand to replace with a new one (which still won't work with the Smart Wheel). I want $200 plus shipping for this and will wait for a week before putting it on Ebay. It might require some fabrication to mount in a non Gillig but FYI Borgeson make universals that will match any combination of shaft types so connecting to your existing system should be easy. If interested just send me a PM before March 7.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny