08-24-2002, 03:58 AM
davebowers
January 1979 Motorhome Magazine Ad

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Gotsch
Dave,

If you come across any other ads from the 60's or 70's, I would love to know about them. During that time, my grandfather did all of the advertising for Barth. He was also the owner of a 1976 Barth. Specifically, I am looking for an ad that appeared on a magazine cover that had a 34' Barth, and a lear jet at the airport. I was actually in that ad as a kid, standing in front of the coach.

Thanks,

Jeff Gotsch
11-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by Gotsch:
Dave,

If you come across any other ads from the 60's or 70's, I would love to know about them. During that time, my grandfather did all of the advertising for Barth.
Try this link. Dave sells a CD and a lot of the ads are in there. Dave Bowers Barthmobile.com CD

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message
11-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Lee
quote:
Specifically, I am looking for an ad that appeared on a magazine cover that had a 34' Barth, and a lear jet at the airport. I was actually in that ad as a kid, standing in front of the coach.

Small world....I have that specific ad (Trailer Life magazine, from mid-'70's), framed and mounted over the door inside my '78-24'P-32.......The pic shows a pre-Regal style Barth on a runway, with folks headed to (or from?) a Series 24 Learjet.....

I found it on E-bay several years ago...search Barth in All Catagories once in awhile - there's a vendor that sells vintage RV advertisements.......

I don't want to part with the original, but I'd be happy to try and scan it for you if you're interested.
11-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Lee
Follow Up: Here's where I found the ad....Maybe he has more.....Good luck.....

http://stores.ebay.com/Walter-Miller-Auto-Truck-Literature
11-20-2007, 06:23 PM
bill h
Lee, scanning it is a good idea, anyway. We have things like that that have faded just from interior UV, and wished I had been able to dupe them to save them. We have several that we replace once a year or so due to face. Having a file is really good.

Photoshop can work wonders, though, and we have resurrected some faded things we really liked.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
11-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Gotsch
Thanks for the information. That is actually me waving as a little kid, standing in front of the Barth. If you are able to scan it and email a copy, that would be great. Thanks! jgotsch@iupui.edu

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
quote:
Specifically, I am looking for an ad that appeared on a magazine cover that had a 34' Barth, and a lear jet at the airport. I was actually in that ad as a kid, standing in front of the coach.

Small world....I have that specific ad (Trailer Life magazine, from mid-'70's), framed and mounted over the door inside my '78-24'P-32.......The pic shows a pre-Regal style Barth on a runway, with folks headed to (or from?) a Series 24 Learjet.....

I found it on E-bay several years ago...search Barth in All Catagories once in awhile - there's a vendor that sells vintage RV advertisements.......

I don't want to part with the original, but I'd be happy to try and scan it for you if you're interested.

11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Bill N.Y.
Thanks to Lee for scanning this. Now everyone can see what Gotsch is talking about.