Barthmobile Portal
Good news and bad news

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/9991066882

11-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Ray
Good news and bad news
Well the good new first...
The Barth ran great from New Orleans to Ormond beach Florida, 650 miles with out a hickup...

But a few days later when I went to move the Barth it would not start... Barth could be missing Ron and Maggie.

Turns over fine.
What I have determined so far.. It is getting gas, but not getting spark..

I am thinking coil or ignition module...
How do I determine for sure and should I updgrade to MSD or Jacobs ignition while I am doing this. Although I do not want to start just replacing parts, it appears this could be original coil and ignition parts and would probalby be a good idea to replace these 17 year old parts anyway...
Suggestions appreciated...
This is a Ford 460.

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford
11-08-2007, 01:35 PM
RichieC
How do you know for sure?...In some shop manuals it will state: "replace with good known part". I'd get one from the wreckers for cheap; if it solves your problem keep it, but go buy a new one. Use the wrecker part as a spare. But that's just me. I'm a pack-rat and drive a Chev besides. Smiler
Richard
11-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Ray
You know I must have wanted a BARTH really bad to buy one with a Ford engine..... This is my first Ford so I am learning. But whether it was a Chevy or Ford, I am going to ensure that I have plenty of spare parts for all the systems as the vehicle is 17 years old and that is cheap insurance...

Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford