Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Hard start no pedal
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hard start no pedal
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/14
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Well let's hope so. It sounds like it was a myriad of things balled up into one. Sure feel good about an actual DD guy. Now I know I can bring it into any certified DD place and it's covered. mechanic

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Just a quick note it's a 350 hp but goes to 365 hp if the cruise control is engaged.

Ok I was told by someone on this site that Barth is actually BaRTH... Is that correct? Looking at the logo the only capitol letter I can see is the B. I was told the logo was BaRTH. But I disagree. Cursive writing may be outdated but I can still read it. Does anyone know?

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...533934187#1533934187

hopefully this link will help us through the trees.. ROTFLMAO

Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
No my name is Meric. But I changed the name on this site. My coaches name is Bubba Barth.

Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Ok I just got back from a couple hundred mile drive. Drove to the DD place in Lynnwood WA. Fantastic service, fair prices and very knowledgeable. This coach has not seen this much love since the day it was being made. Everything works properly now. Except the wipers need adjustment. No power problems at all. The main problem was an air leak into the Rakor ? Sp bowl. Part of the fuel filter seal. So with the proper oil which is very important for this motor can't have any detergents. It needs carbon build up. My mileage seemed too good to be true so I will test it over the next few trips and report. If I was to guess I am running at 10mpg or better. Drives like a Cadillac and has plenty of power now. WOW what an improvement.

If you are in the Seattle area and need a good Diesel guy don't bother going anywhere else.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/L...-Inc-L0131954107.htm

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you're ready to cruise!

BTW, the use of non-detergent oil will destroy the engine in short order. What DD requires is a "low-ash" (<1.0% metallic ash); the Delo your shop used will conform. Better would be Mobil Del-Vac or Shell Rotella T.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
It does not destroy the motor but it does clean the carbon that is used to seal and operate correctly. I basically washed the inside of the engine according to the DD guy. Definitely no harm done. Should oil starvation occur due to the detergents that may happen.

Any way... I got home from a 1000 mile trip. I drove all around Washington in the hills, towns and flats. Mostly highway. Averaged 8.3 mpg over the course of the whole trip.

Cruised nice at 60 mph up all hills but one stretch where it dropped to 55 but I was way up in the hills. Cruise control was used at every possible opportunity. Although setting below 55 seems like it does not like it.

More later

Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
So the DD guy told me to try and go break it. I tried. Flat out it seems to be governed at 75 max mph. Plenty fast for me. I prefer 65mph. The coach seems to like 55-65 with no sweat.

All functions seem to work fantastic right down to the air ride. Yes the wipers still need adjusting and I have this light on the top that I need to figure out. But mainly just need some personalizing and a little tinkering and this coach should be close to 100%. Nothing is ever 100%

Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah and after the trip and riding with a few people the name of the coach is still Bubba Barth. But it's nick name is
Tubba Lubba
Hubba Bubba
Barth

Say that 10 time quickly. Smiler

Cheers
Meric

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
I basically washed the inside of the engine according to the DD guy. Definitely no harm done. Should oil starvation occur due to the detergents that may happen.

Meric, perhaps you didn't notice (in other threads) that Rusty is a professionally trained, experienced EXPERT for oils and lubricants. But, I suppose you can treat YOUR engine however you please.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Morgan. Perhaps you didn't know but I have been fixing cars since I was 9 and professionally for over 20 years. I have a BS degree with a whole family that designed tested and drove heavy equipment.

While what he is saying is true IF cavitation occurs due to foaming. That cavitation can cause oil starvation which will causes damage. None of which occurred in this case.

Cheers
Meric

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
DD claimed (in the early '70s) that >1% metallic ash caused or contributed to ring belt and valve deposits, and so specified 1% or less for approved products. This issue pretty much came to light with the 6-71 318 HP.

Contemporary motor oils depend more on ashless detergent-dispersants than metallic ash.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
You are correct. Delo 100 SAE40 is what's needed. API, CF-2, CF. .85 ash maximum limit.

Cheers
Meric

Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Again 2 stroke Diesel with a blower and a turbo is relatively new to me. While I have worked on systems individually I have never worked on one with this combination. Very cool and fun. I love to learn new things. Thanks Rusty.

Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
I had Amsoil in the engine for 200 miles so I doubt anything catastrophic happened. No metal in oil or anything weird.