Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Marine Phone Adapters
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Marine Phone Adapters
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of thomfeit
posted
At the side of the coach ('90 Regency Widebody 38')are two ports. One is for shore power - with a marine locking male plugs. This is no problem - we have all necessary adapters. However .....

The second is for phone and cable TV. While the cable connector is standard, the phone is in a configuration with two small male twist locking plugs and a small center post. I have never seen such an arrangement - and since the cover says "Marine Phone and Cable" this must be something that is used on boats (?). Where can I find such an adapter?

Thom

Posts: 44 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Member Since: 06-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Thom, I mail-ordered one a couple years ago, but I don't remember where. I'm sure I found it through a google search for marine electrical or electronics.

Any self-respecting marine supply store should have them, & I'll bet there are several such stores in your area.

I do remember they wanted around $50 or $60 for a short pigtail adapter, but the plug itself was under $20.00 - still pricey for something so simple, but easy enough to wire up a pigtail yourself.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thomfeit
posted Hide Post
I have found the adapter needed. Marinco Phone Plug - from Hopkins Carter Marine.

Thanks - but now my second question.

I have never really looked at the campground end of the plug. Do campgrounds provide just the common phone modular female phone input, or do they use the Marine two prong format? Inquiring minds want to know

Thom

Posts: 44 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Member Since: 06-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The only ones I've ever seen are the standard mini phone jacks. It's possible some places will have the marine outlets, but it's likely the whole RV industry has gone to the mini plugs & jacks, they're cheaper, simpler & just as effective as the high-priced stuff.

Furthermore I doubt if the more numerous, mass-produced S.O. B.'s would have marine-grade phone connections. My Barth is the first RV I've had with Marinco electrical and telephone connections, though I've had them on boats.

Don't forget, our1990 rigs are at least 15 years old now, & technology has advanced.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Thom
I have a cable from our houseboat that we don't use. It has a male and female connector
of the type you need. I will ship to you if you are interested. It's been sitting around for quite a while so they will need a little cleaning up but should work just fine. Lloyd

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post