Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    gas tank size
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

gas tank size
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have a 1975 Barth that is 25' bumper to bumper. chevrolet chassis 454 motor, and I am wondering what size the gas tanks are. To get it running when I bought it, I filled the drivers side with about ten gallons from cans. Once running I took it to a gas station to fill it up, only to have an overflow problem. Not at the fill neck, but from underneath. Unknown where. I am thinking that the breather may be plugged, and the volume from the pump and the seal from the vapor recovery, caused the overflow. Has anyone experienced something similar? Thanks

Posts: 27 | Location: Berkeley Ca. | Member Since: 01-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 74 26 ft has two 50 gallon tanks.

Posts: 27 | Location: Austin | Member Since: 01-01-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the responses. It was good reading. Since my van is gutted I believe I will cut some access ports in the floor above the tanks and see what I can see. Thanks again.

Iam

Posts: 27 | Location: Berkeley Ca. | Member Since: 01-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
My '75 (20' with chevy 350) has two 30 gallon tanks. Here is the "trick with my tanks. The passenger side draws from and returns just like it is supposed to. But when switched to the drivers side it draws from the drivers side tank and returns to the passenger side tank. And it is like that from the factory. I know this because my grandpa bought it brand new. So I always have to remember to drain the passenger side before using the drivers side tank.

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Just want to thank Josh for his input on the tanks and return system I have never seen that system before so never looked at the pump. The previous owner had blocked off the bypass. No wonder it was running rich. Hard to believe it made it all the way from sacramento to berkeley running that way. I have since switched to an electric pump, and it runs so much better. My drivers side tank had a leak at the fill neck, so I have switched to the riders side tank.So much to learn so little time.