Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Duo-Therm part needed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Duo-Therm part needed
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted
I know this is like looking for a needle in a haystack, but I am looking for a control board that Dometic tells me they no longer make or can provide. It is from a Model 610015.305 Penguin style rooftop unit and is part #3101625.006. This is the board that mounts right behind the manual controller itself, which is mounted in the face of the inside shroud. I believe this control board actually is the "thermostat" portion of the controller. I'm trying to get my heat strip to work again (after replacing it unnecessarily already) and to hopefully regulate my A/C a little better. It was recommended to replace the thermostat on the unit, which I believe this is it.
If anybody can help with the part itself or some direction to who might have some "old" parts from the early 90's laying around, it would be appreciated.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm throwing in a message here to bring this back to the top....just in case someone has this part or a unit that may have this part laying around somewhere! I am definitely open to suggestions on where I might be able to hunt this down also. Dometic has contacted me that the part is not available anymore, but gave me a list of items that could be bought to convert the thermostat to a "newer" style. By time you buy the parts and install them and hope it works, it probably would be wise to just buy a new unit rather than patch a 17 year old one.
I'm also wondering if the units compressor cycles on and off frequently if it is a thermostat problem, low freon problem or just time to replace it anyway...

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
It occurs to me that what might help is some college or high school kid working in a computer shop. A little circuit tracing, thingy checking and a trip to Radio Shack and I bet you would be fixed or despondent. Wink

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Can you supply a picture?

Here is a link to an ebay auction without a part number...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...fPartsQ5fAccessories-1

These 2 guys seems to have a conversion kit to change the older style over to a newer style.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...fPartsQ5fAccessories-2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...fPartsQ5fAccessories-3

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Try www.colawrvsalvage.com
Colaw is on I 44 in Carthage MO, they do ship. We visited it and it is huge, they got everything including a big salvage yard.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
This looks like the same kit I bought from Al's RV in Phoenix lasy year. It cost me about a hundred bucks more than this guy wants but of course they didn't want my old T stat and control board. It works perfect.
I don't know if I kept the old parts but I can look for them. If you want them email me at: leamingpd at yahoo dot ca with your mailing address
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Can you supply a picture?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...fPartsQ5fAccessories-3

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks and keep those leads coming!
Bill---The one eBay auction is similar to my control, but not what I need. The other two seem to be what Dometic suggested as a replacement.
Marvin & Doris---I'll give them a shout!
Don---If you have the "old style" control that mounts in the interior shroud of the unit you may have the part I need.
My thought was that if I'm going to spend $200+ on a "hopeful" fix of a 17 year old unit, I might as well spend the $600 on a new one. But I'm hoping to get the part I need and see if it will fix my problem(s).
I will post a photo of the face of my control as soon as I can. The "thermostat" portion of this control is a board with the model number listed above that actually is a seperate piece mounted behind the face control.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
But I'm hoping to get the part I need and see if it will fix my problem(s).
You should have borrowed one from Richard Muise to test yours. If you do go and replace the entire assy, I can give you a recommendation. I swapped mine with a Carrier 15k btu a/c with a heat pump (also has back-up heat strips) capable of producing about 14k btu's of FREE heat. You'll save money by not using propane when plugged in.

What is the $$$ ouch factor for buying a test board?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Check the solder connections on the ribbon cable - I redid mine with Carl Flack's help, and was able to run the A/C for another 2 years - but it ultimately quit.

If you get a new Duo-Therm, DO NOT get the mechanical thermostat. I went through 3 and none worked. Additionally, it requires a larger shroud that has to have holes drilled into the headliner.

I traded that for an electronic thermostat and its shroud (same as original) and temporarily mounted it onto the shroud, eventually moving it to the wall.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rusty, the thermostat mounted to the shroud, do you still have it?

Posts: 14 | Location: san diego | Member Since: 08-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bill,

is richard muise on this forum?

Posts: 14 | Location: san diego | Member Since: 08-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Dulobast25, You asked about a couple members. Here is the link to the roster:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/members
You can click on the member's name, at the left edge of a post, and choose "invite to private topic" in order to send a private message.

Toward the top of the forums tab, there is a display of: Who's On Our Site Now?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dulobast25:
rusty, the thermostat mounted to the shroud, do you still have it?

quote:
...temporarily mounted it onto the shroud, eventually moving it to the wall.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mogan, Rusty!