Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Shower Pan
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Shower Pan
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We have a 93 Barth Breakaway and have just discovered a crack in the pan of the shower. Does anyone know a source for the replacement pans?

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

Posts: 35 | Location: Livingston, TX, USA | Member Since: 02-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may be able to get one of the professionals who fix tubs and showers in homes....we use them many times in new construction for damaged tubs. Look in the Yedllow Pages.

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
This MAY be worth a try: Walt's RV, Fontana, California: 909-823-0563 and RVs-R-US.com
They have a lot of used stuff and will know where to secure it IF it can be identified.

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are hoping to find a new pan if we can, but I've bookmarked the info that you sent.

Thanks,

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

[This message has been edited by doroughal (edited January 02, 2005).]

Posts: 35 | Location: Livingston, TX, USA | Member Since: 02-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi jim, I had the shower pan replaced in our 92 breakaway last year. I too had several small cracks in the pan. We couldn't find an exact replacement pan but found one close to the original. The drain had to be modified to line up but it was no big deal/ Sorry I can't remember who we got the pan from but I recall going on-line and finding several distributors. What was really cool is my RV insurance paid for this repair. I thought that was a miracle.

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Larry & Heidi,

Do you remember what was the name of the manufacturer? What did yu have to do to get it out of the rig?

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

[This message has been edited by doroughal (edited January 03, 2005).]

posted Hide Post
Hi Jim, I left a message for Ed Cucherella of Cummins Pacific 949.862.7271 to call me back with the information you requested. Unless you have a need for your old pan, you can just cut it out with a sawzall. I was able to access my drain through one of my storage compartments on the outside. The new pan came with a foam platform for the pan to sit on. I'll re-post as soon as I hear from Ed.

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Larry & Heidi,

Did you do the work on the shower yourself? Is it a job a klutz can do?

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

posted Hide Post
Hi Jim, looks like Ed isn't returning my calls...I didn't replace the pan myself because my insurance covered it. I could have replaced the pan myself with no problem. I watched the process and it looked straight forward to me. The pan comes right out after you've disconected the drain below. The sides of your shower are held to the walls with double sided tape. You can peel the bottom of the wall up high enough to pull out the pan. Later you can glue the walls back down and caulk the sides. You might want to check out the link below and give this company a call. All they make is RV shower pans. Take some measurements and notes of your drain. Locate your drain through your compartment and determine your drain options. You should have plenty of room to adjust your drain. If you have a friend that is a plumber, have him come over and take a look. He'll probably be able to make you feel more comftorable.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-pumps-water/rv-shower-pans.htm

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

posted Hide Post
We have called PPL and ordered a shower pan. It should arrive next week. We will let you know how this project proceeds. Thanks to everyone for their help.

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

posted Hide Post
How's that shower pan project coming along?

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hilarlee:
How's that shower pan project coming along?

The shower project has had it ups and downs. Last weekend we ended up calling a plumber. The drain hole was about an inch off. And the new pan had more foam under it than the old pan. The drain shoe would not reach the trap . Bless his heart, the plumber (Dennis Vickroy in Tucson) came out at 8:30 on Monday. He was gone by 10:00. The pan is in and the drain is connected. Next the wall panels are too long and so is the moulding. We would like to replace the wall panels and moulding, but we can't find anything similar. We trimmed one wall a little too short, and one strip of moulding. At the moment, everything is "caulked" with duct tape so we can take showers while we try to figure what to do next.

But we are going to Quartzsite this weekend no matter what!!!

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
Real Quartzsiters don't bathe, anyway!

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
Real Quartzsiters don't bathe, anyway!

We are going to fit right in .

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway