Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    LPG fuel hose
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

LPG fuel hose
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted
The fuel line to my LPG generator has to be replaced as it is porous. I am having difficulty locating type III hose to replace it. I am looking for suggestions.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many shops which make hydraulic hoses also can make the exact hose you need for your LPG generator. Look in your Yellow Pages.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'd start with the local NAPA. Ours has a complete shop for hoses.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Thanks to the links EDDIE posted I can offer the following:

http://www.gumpydog.com/bus/MC9_WIP/Propane_Distributio...ane_distribution.htm

From the tanks, I've installed CSST gas line. This is relatively new technology, consisting of a plastic coated flexible stainless steel pipe, and special fittings. The line runs from the enclosure in the rear bay to a brass Tee located on the forward wall of the middle bay. From there, it branches to either side of the coach. The right side goes to the kitchenette camp stove, and the left side goes to the interior stove/oven. The flexible gas line is supported along the top of the tunnel via stainless and rubber straps, These are secured with stainless screws and positioned at approximately 15 inch intervals. A black iron pipe is used to transition through the floor into the interior cabinet under the stove/oven. Gas shutoff valves are installed at the supply, and at the two distribution points.

Installation of the CSST pipe was very simple and straight forward. The company prints an installation guide which details everything you need to know to become qualified for installation. I routed the line along the route, and inserted bends where necessary to navigate corners and allow access to the regulator. Quick and easy.

A google search returned the following:

http://www.toolbase.org/tertiaryT.asp?DocumentID=2079&CategoryID=1402

Timothy

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Where is CSST tubing sold? The line to the genset is a liqid line, is this CSST tubing capable of handling 350lbs pressure? I would think that a flex connector on each end would be required. The line I am replacing appears to have a presure releif valve at the connection close to the tank. My existing line is a 5/16 flex line, is this size available in CSST?

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Note that CSST is generally used for 5 psi gas. Testing is done to 125 psi. Your 350 psi would be WAY over spec.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have replaced LPG hoses and have had very good success getting all the parts made up for me from my local propane delivery company. Most of these companies have service trucks that make them up on site or you could drive out to them and have them make one up for you.

I work on tractor trailers for a living but some of my accounts have LPG motors in there forklifts. The yellow pages also have forklift mechanic shops in them if the first option doesn't pan out for you.

Good luck and let us know how you made out.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
I researched CSST and found it was not good for liquid LPG. I then found that Amazon Hose in Tampa has the proper hose code (HCCPE) and they quoted me 86 cts a foot for 5/16 hose. This hose is good for 360lbs. They sell in cut lengths.

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Went to Amazon Hose in Tampa for the replacement hose for my genset expecting to pay .86 cents a foot, and was charged $4.46.
They were able to reuse the fittings. Part number for the hoseis H36606.