Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Seat motor (still looking)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Seat motor (still looking)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted
The motor that moves my Flexseel Captain's chair forward and back is failing. Have to tap it as I'm pushing button. Does anyone know where they are obtainable?Have searched without luck. Thank's

1991 22 Ft. Regal Chevy 454 P-30

Posts: 73 | Location: MA | Member Since: 06-13-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Did you try the place Doug posted on your prior thread?

I have this place in my bookmarks:
http://www.discountvantruck.co...ses/rvpowerbases.htm

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Shadow,

Although you may already have exhausted this route, I found on the Flexsteel website a dealer location form that you might use to find someone in your area selling RV parts who may have what you need.

Another idea that I myself would probably pursue is to remove the chair/mechanism/motor&control and take apart the switch on the bench. Since it is 12v, this would be easy to manage testing without running into electrical hazard as you test. Maybe the switch can be 'massaged' and rejuvenated. I've sometimes even gotten lucky by finding inside a common component easily sourced through generic channels (i.e. Radio Shack, online component providers, etc.).

Hope this may help.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might try giving the people at coachsupplydirect.com a call. Worst case you'll have to replace the power track.

Mac
'93 Breakaway

Posts: 28 | Location: Chardon Ohio | Member Since: 02-16-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Old memory, but sometimes it still works. I had a bad seat switch when we still had the Newell. Turned out it was the same as used in some Fords. Raided a you-pull-it automotive salvage yard and found a replacement. Keep in mind that the RV industry doesn't use much original stuff.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been searching only the seat motors and have only come-up-with the power base, which is kinda spendy.

Have not found individual motors.

I tested the controller, by switching right for left.

Posts: 33 | Location: midwest | Member Since: 05-05-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post