Barthmobile Portal
Tongue weight

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/8851038091

06-17-2006, 03:08 PM
dv
Tongue weight
Hi all, well it's almost time to let Baby B go and I have recieved a question about gross tongue weigth that I can't answer. She's in the shop getting everthing service and checked out for her new owner (at my expense). I was supposed to get her back on Friday but they are waiting on a new compressor belt after switching the AC over to R-12 (or is it from?) otherwise I could probably find it in the manuals someplace. Thanks in advance for the assistance.
06-17-2006, 11:28 PM
olroy
Tongue weight generally applies to trailers, not motor homes, though perhaps the question relates to the rating of an installed trailer hitch. It might also pertain to "gross vehicle weight," (GVW) or "gross combined weight rating" (GCWR).

GVW is the maximum weight the vehicle is rated for by the manufacturer, & will be listed on the manufacturer's name plate somewhere on the inside of the vehicle, or on the chassis. GCWR is the rated maximum for the vehicle plus anything that's towed.

You're on your own as far as finding the name plate on a Class "A" motor home. Location seems to vary, though most are on the wall above the driver's seat. On a Class "C," likely locations are the firewall, or a door frame.
06-18-2006, 05:42 PM
dv
Thanks Olroy, I'll use your insight to see if I can find it.