Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    what's this switch do ?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

what's this switch do ?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of dr. bart
posted
Left side of dash .... row of five switches.....far left switch......labeled "clns".....it is a momentary switch.......plus four switches right of door above the 12v master...93 barth breakaway 30 ft .....

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Flashes your clearance lights as a courtesy measure.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
plus four switches

If you mean switches by entry door -- probably patio light, aisle lights, step light and (maybe) compartment lights.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
Perfect.... thanks......plenty more questions questions coming from me...and maybe some answers for others questions....love the barth already...

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
quote:
plus four switches

If you mean switches by entry door -- probably patio light, aisle lights, step light and (maybe) compartment lights.

Our four switches by door are lighted handle, patio light, interior light, and driver side patio light. It not unusual for patio lights and handle light to have bulbs burned out.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Left side of dash

Kindly read the post first. TY.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dr. bart:
Left side of dash .... row of five switches.....far left switch......labeled "clns".....it is a momentary switch.......plus four switches right of door above the 12v master...93 barth breakaway 30 ft .....

if I understand you correctly, you are referring to switches in entirely different places, about ten feet apart, right?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
Two different spots ... The one on the dash IS clearance light flash...thanks ....

The others are by the front entry door.... They are labeled .. CL ...GR...SL...ES...

It came with a huge reference manual but no owners type manual

Someday I'll figure how to put pictures on here...phone is smarter than me...

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
on my 92 it is cl = cabin light gr= grab rail light
sl= step light and es= electric step

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kenny jorgensen:
on my 92 it is cl = cabin light gr= grab rail light
sl= step light and es= electric step

Same in DBarth
Bulb in the grab handle is in the top bracket

Step light is underneath

Electric step turns it off so it doesn't retract every time the door closes.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
Thanks ..... all'work except the step lights.....being able to disbable the steps is nice...

posted Hide Post
Hey all, long time no post, been getting used to living in my Barth lol. Will have a topic in pictures soon to share my adventure so far.
Anyway, I'm asking the group about these darn switches before the thread gets stale...

On my 85 Regal I have 5 switches by the door. 4 in a group below a single. The 4 pack has switches for the patio lights and handle. The other may be a step light, I just discovered several cut wires under the door I hadn't noticed until I read this thread. But I don't think this came with an electric step, but I don't know. And I have no clue what the single switch does. Any ideas?

Posts: 21 | Location: Oak Ridge Tennessee | Member Since: 11-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
The single switch on most I've seen is the master 12 volt shut off for the coach.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Cannot remember well but I think the waterpump was in the cluster and a single switch was the light on the ceiling, you could either switch it on/off at the light itself or next to the door. Computer
The master switch was behind a small door on the left of the entry steps

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Our 86 Regal has group of 4, Interior, Pass Side & Dvr Siide Patio Lght,
Door Handle, 1 single for electric step.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post