Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Fresh Water Holding Tank Problem
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fresh Water Holding Tank Problem
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted
I have a 1990 38 Regency. It is in having the Black/Gray tanks and water heater cleaned/serviced. since the fresh water holding tank had water in it that was several months old, I asked him to clean it also. The problem is, he can't find where to fill the tank from. The tank is curb side while the shore water connection is driver side.

There are a number of valves, some of which aren't marked, next to the tank. Is this set up so that you hook up shore water and turn a particular valve in order to fill the tank? I don't have a clue as to what some of these valves do. Some are obvious as to whether they are drains but I can't tell him how to fill the tank. Any help, as always, is appreciated!

Bill

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Problem solved! He found the correct valve. Now the problem is the ice maker supply line is broken and not allowing pressure to maintained in the fresh water tank. I'll see if I can have this fixed tomorrow with any luck. Bill

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It sounds like things are coming together! Ask him to document the function of each valve he figured out.

But fear not - there will be more mysteries to solve and challenges to defeat!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
don't know if my 2 bits are worth it, but on my system the pressure side of the pump doesn't presurize the water tank just the system. So your ice maker supply line must be leaking if it is somehow broken and system pressure is not staying up.

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
He believes the line is either loose or broken so the fridge will need to come out to fix it. The lines are al marked but were so faded, it took a magnifying glass to read them.

It is nice to have running water again. The water heater is not igniting so we'll check on that tomorrow if possible. He said it might be the igniter or the board. The igniter would certainly be better. Bill

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle