Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Shocks For A Tag Axle
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Shocks For A Tag Axle
 Login now/Join our community

<Carl Flack>
posted
While inquiring about the part #'s for new Bilstein shock absorbers, several suppliers have asked me to confirm that I have a
"MOR/ryde" tag axle.How do I do this? I have a 1988 33'Tag Axle Regal Thanks.....carl

THE TOY 33'Regal Coach # 3448

------------------

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If yours is on a P30 chassis with air bags for the tag axle (with no springs), it is probably a Neway.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Carl,

I just sent you by email the manuals for both the Morryde and the Ne way. Hope they can be of assistance. The Neway info was provided courtesy of Bill H. I can't remember who supplied the Morryde so who ever it was, thank you.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
hi dave could i get a set of manuals for the tag i have a 1987 33 # 3391 thanks carl p.s what does all the no. mean 8701/3391/33tfpod it is a p30.

------------------

Posts: 29 | Location: forestburgh n.y usa | Member Since: 01-06-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Carl Flack>
posted
Thanks to Dave Bowers and Bill H.who told me
what to look for, I finally got the opportunity to look at the tag axle assembly
and its a "Neway" If anyone is interested in shock absorbers, I would recommend WWW.Rowells.com (1-800-383-1030).
Rowells had the best prices for Bilsteins on
the Internet and had three day delivery..carl

THE TOY 88 33'Regal Coach # 3448

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a 1987' 33'Regal and just finished a frustrating process of finding replacement air bags for the neway tag axle. The Goodyear bags that came off were model 1R9-025 that Goodyear discontuned and has no record of or a replacement for. I got with their tech rep and found another bag with the same mesurements and mounting design #1R9-065. They fix perfactly and work great. $116.00 each from Stengel Bros. Inc 1-888-433-3149. Hope this info helps someone else.

kenpartney@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 21 | Location: Oak View, Ca. | Member Since: 09-23-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post