Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    transmission on 454 chevy
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

transmission on 454 chevy
 Login now/Join our community

posted
David Bowers

Can you tell me where is the dip stick
for the transmission on an 1988 Barth
454 Chevy. Also what is the operating
temperature range for the transmission.
Thank you

Posts: 42 | Location: Loudon, TN, United States | Member Since: 12-23-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
My '88 has the oil stick located behind the front access door.

------------------
Russell and Donna
1988 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The transmission dipstick tube starts just above the forward right hand corner of the transmission pan. It goes upward and may stop just behind the passenger side valve cover. Or it may continue forward to be accessed from the front grille.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
pppitiful trans dip stick is in dog house lift off d.h it is on right side back of eng. that is on my 1987 good hunting. carl

Posts: 29 | Location: forestburgh n.y usa | Member Since: 01-06-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies/help. We (myself, brother and brother-in-law) flew from Knoxville to California to bring the '88 Regal SE back. Along the way the transmission was heating up on long climbs and we couldn't easily find the transmission dipstick - but we eventually did. My sister-in-law posted this question for me to assist us. Thanks again for all the help.

Posts: 42 | Location: Loudon, TN, United States | Member Since: 12-23-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post