Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Busted ladder
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Busted ladder
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
Having a bummer day. I backed into a tree this morning and busted my latter. Are these ladders easily replaceable? Not sure where I can get a ladder that will attach to the Barth precisely were it attaches now with rivets. Has anyone replaced their ladder on their Regency? Any help would be appreciated.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
attach to the Barth precisely were it attaches now with rivets.

Fred, sorry to hear the crash report. Have you been the local RV dealer? My 2016 RV parts and accessories book has a couple of pages of ladders in it. Go to the local RV store or Camping world. You might even try looking at a swimming pool store.

Doug Smiley will you be sure to post a link from your search engine. Fred needs to obtain a new ladder.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin I will give it a try. I just was not sure if the newer ladders would fit properly on to the Barth.

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Fred:

I replaced the ladder on our 35' Regency.

It was easy enough to do. The new ladder was from Camper world. I comes in pieces and I used the parts to repair my broken ladder rather that replace it. Drilled out the rivets where needed and used new 3/16 X 1/2" rivets to reconnect.

I think I paid about $ 80.00 for the new one and still have some parts left just in case.

Ed.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed. I am taking it in Tuesday to a small business owner for replacement of the latter. I have used him before and believe he will do a good job at a fair price.

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

posted Hide Post
The first one or the latter one?

I only have one ladder

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
my new-to-me Regency doesn't have a ladder at all. I would eventually like to get one. The stock ladder is just held on with rivets? Seems to me to be pretty flimsy sounding. It would be alot stronger if there was some sort on inner wall backing plate to add additional strength. I know that means a wall penetration but it would be more secure IMHO. I have seen one RVer in a campground rip it right off his SOB rig when he tried to climb it..He only fell about 3 feet and just picked up a scrape or two..

POV's ?

M/C-W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 426 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My little aluminum ladder is perfect light weight ladder. Thumbs Up If Freddy's ladder was heavy duty it may have caused more Thumbs Down damage to the coach body. I do not let Shields Up 400 pound gorillas or professional wrestlers climb on my roof anyway.
D'oh

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2592 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post