Barthmobile Portal
New Steps

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/8591071722

01-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Danny Z
New Steps
Finished installing the new steps today. The old cheapies were so worn out they slanted down and were downright dangerous. Suzy really wanted a double so I went with the Hickory Springs unit. If Dave gets my pix up you'll see that this may not have been a wise decision. The two steps make entering a breeze, but they hang a bit closer to the ground than I feel comfortable with. I'm gonna leave them on since I had to do some drilling and altering so I can't take them back, and if I tear them off I'll just replace them with a single step unit. It's a manual and very easy to operate, not like the old yank & cuss that was on it. I have about 6 inches of clearance so if I'm careful about the gas stations I pull into I think I'll get some use out of it before I destroy it.

79 Barth Classic
01-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Doug Smiley
What is the height from the ground to the bottom of the door?
Would be rather a hassle on a country road??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

01-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Danny Z
It's about 16 inches to the bottom of the coach, about 19 to the first indoor step. I'm more concerned with gas station driveways with a sidewalk hump than country roads. I have a good 6 inches of clearance so roads houldn't hit, but if I straddle a hump wrong I'm afeared she'll be a goner.

79 Barth Classic
03-31-2016, 11:29 AM
Doug Smiley
...any updated info on this??

...new photos??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!