Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Tire and Air Bag Pressure
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tire and Air Bag Pressure
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted
When I bought my motor home the owner had the tire pressure at 100 psi front and rear. So I asked the question why 100 psi when the data tag say 65 front and 60 rear. The reply was if you run the tires at a higher pressure (100 psi which can handle a heaver load) than you don't have to worry about adjusting the tire pressure to the varity of weight the motor home can carry. Is that what I should be doing?

Also the front air bags had 110 psi in them and according the Air Lift instructions the max pressure should be 90 psi, so I lowered the pressure to 80. What pressure should I be running in my front and rear air bags?

Thanks,
Tom

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Get the coach weighed at a truck stop and then consult the tire mfg charts. It will show the proper pressures of tires for the weight that exists. Unless you wildly change loads on your coach the recommended pressures are best for ride, handling and load. The air bags also have recommended pressures for the front axle weight, which you will get from the scale when you weigh the coach.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post