Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Tire talk
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tire talk
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
Danny,
Don't go bad-mouthin' Podunk, AL. We vacation there. Not as nice as Micanopy, FL but better than East Pascagoula, MS.

I recently had two blowouts on my Michelins as well...zippered right along the side. Fortunately, the Barth handled so well that I didn't even find the second one until the next time we stopped. Of course, Michelin said "Overloaded, no doubt" and tried to explain the benefits of individual wheel weighing. I faxed them my "Aweigh-We-Go" weights which showed a large margin of safety. They dropped that line, but still weaseled. Next time it's Toyo's for me.

[This message has been edited by HankWadley (edited September 22, 2004).]

Posts: 58 | Location: Pell City, Alabama, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Boy! I make up a town for editorial sake and inadvertently bad mouth what is probably a great place. I love Alabama and plan to retire to Lake Martin. The state parks are unbelievable. Has anyone been to Cheaha? We're thinking of trying that Park next year. Wind Creek is beautiful but it's nice to try something different.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
QUOTE: "IF THEY BLOW OUT IT CAN TEAR UP MORE THAN COST OF NEW TIRES...GOOD INSURANCE!!"

Been there, experienced that - twice. Even with road service, and insurance coverage, and assuming that you maintain control, at best it can be a costly and disruptive experience. At worst, you will not live to worry about the wrong decision.

Tires do not blow in major cities in front of tire stores. It usually occurs 500 miles from the closest small town, which does not have a tire to be found in your size.

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OLDNAVY... you sold the BARTH because you blew two tires? That's not the BARTH' fault!

I agree with all the "cheap insurance" comments... bite the bullet and change them all at once.

Posts: 159 | Location: Newington, CT USA | Member Since: 06-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The peace of mind is just a side benefit compared to the smooth ride on the new skins. The Bridgestones are great tires as far as I'm concerned.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post