Barthmobile Portal
TV Removal

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/8331008061

12-21-2002, 01:29 AM
Ed Chevalier
TV Removal
We changed out the antique Panasonic today. I bought a Toshiba 13" MD13M1 TV/DVD combo. It also plays CD's and DVDR's. The old TV box was only held up by 4 screws (drywall type). There's a couple in the roof and in the back. The whole box slides out. I'm glad that we took it down-2 of the screw heads had broken off. It could have fell on some bad roads-not a good thing. We stripped off the vinyl and foam. It's made of 1/2" plywood stapled and glued. I used it as a template and made it taller, deeper, and wider in the front. The new set weighs about 25lbs so, I used 3/4" plywood with drywall screws and glue. This solved the small box problem and it has plenty of room for heat dissipation. I also had a 110v romex in the back to hook up to. I was worried about having to buy an inverter. It was only about a 4 hour job. I just wished I did it sooner-no more TV on the doghouse.
01-02-2003, 02:06 PM
MC Barther
This has been a very intersting topic with several solutions presented. I have a new twist to the problem. I have an '84 Regal, 25' on a P-30 chassis ( I think that is correct name for that Chassis combo). In the location shown in the picture, I have the coach monitoring system, i.e. LP level, fresh water, etc. Does anyone have any experience moving this monitor package and replacing it with a TV set up? The TV is currently mounted on a swivel bracket, which is mounted to the side wall behind the kitchen sink. (This is a rear bath unit.) Any experience or ideas?
01-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Ed Chevalier
I wouldn't move the monitor panel if I were doing this project. Moving the panel might create some bad connections and usually the wires are not long enough to move it very far. I would look at putting a TV box maybe over the drivers or passengers seat by removing a padded cabinet and using the same attachment points for a new cabinet. An easy way to line up the screw holes for the new TV box is to put a screw in the old hole and jam the new box against the head leaving an indention. Using that indention is a good guide for the new screw holes. Good luck, Ed