Barthmobile Portal
Sanitizing water tank

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/8303942477

08-26-2012, 01:33 PM
tom taylor
Sanitizing water tank
I want to add some clorox into my fresh water tank, fill it up and then drain it. In all prev RVs, it was simply a matter of opening the inlet and pouring the stuff in. With the barth, there is a deal that requires you to apply pressure to open the inlet and its sits behind the screen. Is there another way to do this?

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway
08-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Jim and Tere
Two ways I have done it. Pour a measured amount of Clorox into hose after you've hooked it up to the motor home and before you hook it up to the shore water. Hook up to shore water and turn it on. Will fill all your pipes.
Second way, there is another fill spout for the fresh water tanks. On my Regal it's next to the fuel filler door. You can pour directly into the fresh water tanks from there, then using your water pump in the Barth, pressurize the system and the mix will get into all the pipes and the fresh water tanks. BTW, I use vinegar.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny
09-17-2012, 06:53 PM
tom taylor
My Barth does not have a fresh water connection that you can pour directly into. From what it appears it takes water pressure to push open a valve. Now, all of my other RVs had an open mouth where you could set a funnel and pour stuff in. My Coachmen had a connection where you could turn a valve and suck up either winter antifreeze or clorox. I like the idea of using vinegar though.

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway XL
09-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Jim and Tere
Tom, I sort of misspoke. The vinegar is to take the Chlorox taste out of the system after you've drained the tanks. Little bit of a PITA. We usually use the 'fill the hose' technique.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny