Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Biodiesel and older Cummins engines
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Biodiesel and older Cummins engines
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted
Is it possible to retrofit a 94 Cummins 5.9 to run biodiesel? If so, what's involved?

Rick

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Rick, the answer is yes you can. As for what is involved i know part of it may be different types of fuel lines/seals?,among other things. Are you just talking Biodiesel and not waste veggie oil? Whole nother ballgame there. Some of the bus conversion boards have had a lot of discussion on both of these topics. Check the archives of the MAK Board and the BNO Board. Also i just came across a site at www.expertdiesel.com/ that might be of interest to a few people here. Only took a quick browse thru it but they deal with a lot of diesels and if you look in the motorhome or conversions section they show pics of an upgrade in a barth. Don't know if they have anything on biodiesel, like i said i just found this site. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post