Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    wiring diagram
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

wiring diagram
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted
My unit: 1996 38', model unknown, M11 400 HP Cummins.

Need: wiring diagram.

Does anyone have a Barth of approximate age and configuration with a wiring diagram that they could possibly share with me?

Background: I have replaced the house battery bank to 800 AH AGM and added solar panels. In order to alleviate the possibility of the smoking of the alternator by the amps greed of discharged AGMs, I am considering disconnect of the alternator cable to the house bank, or perhaps other mods.

Problem is that I can make neither hide nor hair (or is it hare?) of the existing connections. I believe that the house and chassis batteries are simply paralleled after engine start for charging purposes. I have found no isolator, but I have located a set of contactors that look like this. The top two have labels HOUSE and CHASSIS, but I do not know what the third (bottom) does. Could it be the one that ties batteries together after start for charging?

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post