Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Engine Battery Charging
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Engine Battery Charging
 Login now/Join our community

posted
You have been most helpful in getting my '76 24 footer up and running again (advice on tune-up, brakes and levelers) ... got another dumb question from this new-bee ... what is the electrical hook-up for charging the battery? ...when I bought the Barth it was in need a=of a new engine battery and I promptly installed one and went happily about driving here and there and fixing outher issues ... took the Barth on an outing and stopped half-way there to do some gambling and when we went to leave, she would not even click the starter solenoid ... called the help-line and the wrecker-guy gave me a hot-shot jump ... started right away and went back home ... no more than got into the parking area at home and she died ... charged the battery and the motor started right away ...
Question is: the only connections to the battery are the red and black battery cables ... should there not be a wire from the alternator to the battery that would supply charging current? or ... is there some other connection-point that provides for such a connection to he battery?
Thanks ahead!!
Rodger

Posts: 6 | Location: Poulsbo, Washington | Member Since: 07-17-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Tell us a few other things also. Are there two battery systems in the rig, and an isolator? It sounds like you are going to have to follow the path of the red battery cable and find out.
good luck!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 528 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post