Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    tires
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

tires
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted
Hey all,I am looking to buy new shoes for the 27' Barth.I was wondering if any one had any comments on Cooper tires (Good or Bad)?

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
GOOD MORNING I HAVE NOTICED THAT BARTH OWNERS ARE CLASSY .THEY DON'T DOWNGRADE ANYBODY.YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT.WHEN I ASK A QUESTION LIKE THAT I USUALLY DO NOT GET A REPLY..IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO PEOPLE TALK ABOUT WHAT TO BUY GO TO MOTORHOME MAGAZINE.COM ..YOU WILL GET A LOT OF GARBAGE ON ANY SUBJECT.
LENNY

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I've never run Coopers but my buddy had them on his F-350 and shredded 3 of them in a year, doing a couple thousand in damage each time. Cooper said it must be something wrong with the truck, but after switching brands he's had no trouble for about 3 years now.
I run Bridgstones on the Euro, and have been very happy with them.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:

I run Bridgstones on the Euro, and have been very happy with them.

+1....After information and advice from a number of well-informed and experienced folks, we went Bridgestone, too. Next ones will also be Bridgestones.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lenny, you're ALL CAPPING AGAIN! Big Grin

I have a Special Deal with the local Bridgestone dealers, so I get a very, very, favorable price (because I've saved them lots of money on bogus claims against them).

Anyway, my experience has been mixed:

1. Set of 4 Daytons (owned by Bridgestone) on the E350 diesel van: Bridgestone replaced all four under warranty due to belt separation after 3 years, including reimbursement of $1,100 damage to the LR quarter panel. This was interesting, as the adjuster assigned by Bridgestone lied several times, but this will no longer occur, as he's been terminated.

Two actually blew. The replacement set has been trouble-free for 5+ years.

2. Set of 4 Bridgestone Insignia (its top-of-the-line) on the Lexus LS400: All replaced under warranty due to incipient or actual belt separation after 3 years.

3. Rear Bridgestone R187 series 8R19.5 duals on the Breakaway installed 2/06. Right side pair replaced at my expense due to odd cupping 4/09. I get weird shimmy at speeds above 52mph, so left rear replacements are on order. The shimmy used to present at 65, but the speed has decreased over the last year. Whether this will be warranty is unknown until the tires come off, nor is it sure the shimmy will be cured.

Nevertheless, the other choices are no more reliable. I used to be a fan of Michelin, but after having 7 failures on an '81 Nissan Maxima diesel, I quit. I used to like Kelly, but had to replace the two front on the Barth due to blisters. The Chinese Wanli replacements give more precise steering response, and have been trouble-free for 12K miles.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post