Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Storage Compartment Condensation
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Storage Compartment Condensation
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
Got a strange one but I know you guys have the answer. On my 33 footer, The outside forward driver side basement storage comparment under the sofa is wet. It's so wet that it's starting to mildew. The water is dripping off the top of the comparment, all the walls are wet and the indoor carpet on the bottom is soaked. The drops of water are closer to the front than the back. To the best of my knowledge, there are no water lines close to this section. The water heater is located to at the rear of the compartment. I noticed some moisture last year and attributed it to humidity, but the amount I have now is not humidity. It even looks like the walls are starting to rust and corrode. Is the area too tight (hard to believe) and I don't believe it's A/C runoff, but I havn't ruled that out yet as the A/C runoff does seems to come off the front of the coach. I recoated the roof last year with liquid roof so I don't think its a leak ... HELP

------------------
Russell and Donna
1988 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Man I hate the thought but it could be some water running down the inside of your wall. AC generated...But there is a window just above there isn't there. Aha here's a thought. Does yours have the motoraid furnaces. Is that hot water hose running anywhere around that compartment and is that causing major condensation. Just a thought...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Good though - I have a water heater thats assisted by the engine, but wouldn't that water smell like antifreeze.?. I'll check that out in the mornin, but mine seems clear

------------------
Russell and Donna
1988 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Hi Rusty, I have a much older Barth 1976
I have carpet in the forward side storage compartment drivers side, the carpet was getting damp when we drove in the rain also behind drivers seat inside coach next to the wall would get wet. I found that behind the front wheel in the wheel well area where the outside wall meets the bulkhead, water was seeping in along the channel . I found it by spraying water inside the wheel well.

I stopped it by using the black undercoating.

Ralph Glover

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post