Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    remove central ac unit to use space
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

remove central ac unit to use space
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My monarch has two roof mounted carrier acs making central redundant.Have any of you done this?Wally 34ft monarch Van isle.I am curious what did you put in its place?On reflection when i pull out my central ac i am going to evaluate it and see if i can make a heat pump out of it.Just one reversing valve,check valve a couple more incidentals.I will keep all in touch!Good on all of you Barthers to go to millford to support a good cause a wonderefull peice of machinery.Wally 34 ft monarch van-isle.

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi Wally,
Pretty amazing finding two Wally’s within shouting distance, let alone with both owning 34’ Barth Monarchs, go figure.
Like your Monarch Tonka also has two roof air conditioners. Our roof air units work great off of the diesel generator and shore power. Tonka also has the standard automotive dash air but I don’t think it is central air. I don’t know for sure but don’t think it’s tied into the vent system other than the dash. It didn’t work long enough for me to figure out what it was tied into.
For some unknown reason she locked up her dash/engine AC compressor and burned/broke the belt on the way home from where we bought her. It was November and cold and we weren’t intentionally running the AC. Most likely I turned it on while fumbling with it in the dark trying to defog the windshield. No idea exactly when or why it locked up but I haven’t felt the need or seen a good reason to have it repaired yet. If it was as simple as replacing a belt I’d fix it, but without knowing what happened, I don’t want to risk a broken belt bouncing around the engine compartment. If there may be another central air hidding somewhere or if the ducts may be tied to the dash AC, I'd love to know where to look to confirm it. I'm still trying to figure out what everything is and does. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I'm a bit lost. Smiler
Thanks,
Other Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post