Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Water Pump, no not that one!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Water Pump, no not that one!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted
There is a water pump attached to the underside of the bed that I don't know what it does. See attached pictures. I am sure it is a water (hot) pump that comes from someplace on the engine and goes back the same way. Don't know if it runs or not, any ideas?

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
The pump looks like pumps I have seen that provide water to a pressurized water system.

It looks like a centrifugal pump meaning it is not self priming.

Now as to the water comes from and where the hoses go, I have no idea.

Timothy

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Double check where it goes. It probably pumps hot engine water to the heater up front and a aux heater if you have one. Often the engine water pumps don't provide enough umph to move the water forward.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"Double check where it goes. It probably pumps hot engine water to the heater up front and a aux heater if you have one. Often the engine water pumps don't provide enough umph to move the water forward."

Gary's right on. It pumps hot engine coolant to the dash heater coil 30+ feet away, and perhaps to the coach hot water tank. It may not be hooked up (may have never been) if the pump does not run and the hoses return directly to the engine. Crawl around underneath and see where the hoses go. Normally the dash-heater hot water exits the engine block on the driverside, close to the oil filter (remove the filter to work on it).

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post