Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1991 Regency Generator question
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1991 Regency Generator question
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
I received an email asking about how to get the genset on a 1991 Regency to slide out. Any owners who can help??

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dave,

On my 92, the generator, the slide has two bolts inside the front access door. These bolts are just inside and located on the frame at the bottom edge of the door. There are two pins located just behind the front bumper at each outer radius. These pins tie the genny slide frame to the chassis frame at the outer points of the bumper to provide a secure and stabil bumper.

To pull out the generator, unscrew the two bolts inside the generator door, lift the pins on the two outer fastening points and grab the bumper and pull forward.

Note: The first time I tried to do this the bolts came out fairly easily, but the pins were rusted fast. I applied penetrating oil and used a brass hammer to drive up the pins. After the pins reached the frame, I needed a drive punch to push them the rest of the way up.

Once removed, I checked the pin size and used a similar sized drill to ream the holes, I also used emery cloth on the pins and then applied a generous amount of grease to the pins and holes. The removal can now be done by hand and there is very littl play in the fit.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
Does the generator in question slide-out from the front [bumper area] or the side [right side, cabinet in-front of the wheel-well]???

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
It comes straight out the front.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G:
Dave,

On my 92, the generator, the slide has two bolts inside the front access door. These bolts are just inside and located on the frame at the bottom edge of the door. There are two pins located just behind the front bumper at each outer radius. These pins tie the genny slide frame to the chassis frame at the outer points of the bumper to provide a secure and stabil bumper.

To pull out the generator, unscrew the two bolts inside the generator door, lift the pins on the two outer fastening points and grab the bumper and pull forward.

Note: The first time I tried to do this the bolts came out fairly easily, but the pins were rusted fast. I applied penetrating oil and used a brass hammer to drive up the pins. After the pins reached the frame, I needed a drive punch to push them the rest of the way up.

Once removed, I checked the pin size and used a similar sized drill to ream the holes, I also used emery cloth on the pins and then applied a generous amount of grease to the pins and holes. The removal can now be done by hand and there is very littl play in the fit.

Bill G

1991 regency 300 cat 9kw genset

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
Iwas the one who asked Dave what had to be done to slide the generator out. whitch 2 bolts horazontal or vertical the vertical being shorter and the first 2 whitch go through a ear type weld. they are the first 2 bolts but I think it would be the frame and slide.

1991 regency 300 cat 9kw genset

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Lloyd,

The first two bolts just inside the door. They are only about 20" apart and are horizontilally mounted. They screw into the frame.

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice