Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    cruise control help PLEASE!!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

cruise control help PLEASE!!
 Login now/Join our community

posted
HELP!!!

Our cruise contrl went out on our way here to Grand Junction Colorado. I pulled the cable and housing assembly and found that the ball come off the end at the vacuum unit. We have a 90 Barth 28' with a rebuilt ford 460. I went to Ford for a replacement cable and housing assembly and they said couldn't match it. They ordered one that they said would work but the end that attaches to the vacuum canister. Right now I've attached a split-shot sinker by crimping it to the very end of the cable and mixing up some JB Weld and coating it a dn the cable. It takes 4 hours to cure. We'll see. Does anyone know where I can get the proper replacement cable and housing for the cruise control?? Will appreciate any help you all can give.

Ron and Maggie Forth (armysarge)

Posts: 2 | Member Since: 07-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post