Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Regal Windshield
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Regal Windshield
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
Does anyone know about the availability and cost of installing a new driver's side windshield on a Ford/Oshkosh Regal?
Thanks
Bon

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I recall on this board, the regal windshield is from a 1970-1980something GMC Astro Cabover truck. Very common trucks, and apparently the glass is quite common and not too terribly expensive as well.

Hopefully someone here has replaced the glass and can give a rough guess as to what it would cost, but you could also call the local Speedy and ask for a quote for that model of glass.

Posts: 45 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Noob, You are talking about a Chev Regal on a P30 chassis. I doubt that the Ford/Oshkosh unit would use the GM Astro windshield. I searched the site and couldn't find much about Ford windshields.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:
Noob, You are talking about a Chev Regal on a P30 chassis. I doubt that the Ford/Oshkosh unit would use the GM Astro windshield. I searched the site and couldn't find much about Ford windshields.
Don
Sorry Don, you are mistaken -- it does use the same glass. I have an Oshkosh and can tell you 100% that the glass Noob is talking about is the correct glass.

Read this thread for more info - I called around to get prices and posted some links. It is only a few months old.

BTW: If you replace anything from a brake master cylinder to a lower radiator hose etc... please post the part numbers back here for the small number of Oshkosh Chassis owners to find when they do a site search.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the esponse, NYBill. That's good to know.
I went thru that thread and thought it applied to GMCs. Would have thought Fords and Chev would be different, but not when it comes to Barth's I guess!
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
As general information, when a motor home maker buys a chassis, it comes as bare rails on wheels with a drivetrain and a steering wheel. The windshield choice is purely up to them.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
BTW: If you replace anything from a brake master cylinder to a lower radiator hose etc... please post the part numbers back here for the small number of Oshkosh Chassis owners to find when they do a site search.

If you are collecting Oshkosh/John Deere chassis info, this might be of interest, especially to someone with the Banks addition.

http://www.bankspower.com/OwnersManuals/96347.pdf

Mike

Posts: 142 | Location: Garden Grove, CA | Member Since: 06-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll add one more suggestion, the FMCA Freightliner Chassis Owners RV Club at http://www.freightlinerchassisownersclub.org/ is also for owners of the Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis. There has got to be valuable info that can be gleaned from that group's archives.

Like I said, just a suggestion.

Mike

Posts: 142 | Location: Garden Grove, CA | Member Since: 06-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture that illustrates what Billh is describing:

Posts: 45 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
They race them things down here in Naples at the Swamp Buggy Races every March and October!!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browsed around the Yahoo Groups (lazy day today) and discovered a Freightliner group (FCOC), and since they also cover Oshkosh and John Deere, browsed through it a bit. Found the following statement:

"If a Freightliner wiring diagram is what you need, you should give FCCC customer support a call at 1-800-385-4357 (8:am-6:00pm est) and they can supply you with one. (I always try not to call between 11:30 and 1:00 due to their lunch schedule). They will fax, mail, or e-mail it to you. You just need to make sure you have the last six digits of your chassis vin number available, 17 digit number starting with 4UZ for freightliner and 4CD for Oshkosh which ever you have. J.P."

Sounds like it might be worth it for those of you with the Oshkosh chassis. Especially if you can get an e-mail version that can be forwarded to others.

Mike

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Noob Goldberg:
Here's a picture that illustrates what Billh is describing:

I have always wondered how they drove those off the truck and around the lot.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post