Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Hydraulic Jack not fully retracting
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hydraulic Jack not fully retracting
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted
One of the jacks on the front passenger side decided to hang up and now will not retract fully. It remains extended about four inches. The jack will extend and retract except for the last four inches. This makes it non-useable. I have some time off next week and will be working on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting or repair. They are HWH in the series 100 kick-down style. I believe it is the 9000 lb jack.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Bill, have you checked hydrolic fluid? Washed dirt and grim off them, Oiled springs and bushings. I have this problem on one of mine and i THINK it is either a weak spring or a blown seal. I can push it up using one of my crutches. Wink
Can't think of any thing else it might be right now but i'll holler if i do. I stopped at hwh this spring but there were about half a dozen in front of me so wife said go home. we're about 150 miles or less away.
if you call them they may troubleshoot with you. horror stories i have heard is they will ask you to send it in and they will rebuild it for a lot of dough. in reality they never charge nearly as much as they quote.

mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

I did call them and got some advice on what to check. I'll be home on vacation next week and will do some trouble shooting. If I discover the problem, I'll post for you and others to read.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post