Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    RM3801 Refrigerator Repair
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

RM3801 Refrigerator Repair
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted
The symptom: a 3A slow-blow fuse located by near the control circuit board (outside access door) would blow. Even with the unit switched off it would blow. When I would replace the fuse and switch on the Dom Battery switch....POOF!

The solution: Through the kindness of Nick Cagle, I used the control board he send me. I installed it and the I'm back up and running. I tested it on 12v and propane. Haven't checked it on AC yet which is next. I'm chilling some beer beverages now just to be sure it's going to stay running.

There must have been past issues with this circuit board since there was a Dinosaur Board in it. I'm going to send it in to get repaired. In the near future I plan on replacing the refrigerator with a unit that has a Danfoss compressor. These ammonia units don't seem to produce enough cool for the amount of power they use and the hassle of keeping them running.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post