Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Converter going out
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Converter going out
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
I am going to attempt to upload a picture. Does anyone know what the part with the arrow pointing to it is? This is where the converter wiring runs to. Sorry for my ignorance, still learning.

Posts: 10 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 07-09-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could it be the latching solenoid / switch which connects the House Batteries to the Starter Battery(s) in the event of a low Starter Battery(?)

Typically manually operated from a momentary switch on the dash.

Posts: 33 | Location: midwest | Member Since: 05-05-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Notice only two connectors… not a relay. These are both circuit breakers, large one is a main prob 80-100 amps smaller one is for a branch prob 20-30 amp judging by the smaller wire. Is this in the gen compartment? could be the main breaker for the chassis batts.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5195 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
That is your 50 amp breaker. The red cable on the left should be coming from your converter. The 2 reds on the other terminal should go to your house batteries and generator. The other cable is going to that small rectangular breaker. The output of that breaker (smaller white cable) may run to your 12v for your fridge. I suspect that 50amp breaker on yours is bad.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is in the generator compartment. Looking at pic far left red drops down and ties into a wire bundle that appears to go to gen and batteries. Center red that you can see coming into compartment is coming from converter. Right red goes up into floor in same area as white. I am assuming these (red and white going into floor) are going to dist. panel for red and maybe refrigerator for white???

Posts: 10 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 07-09-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Replace that 50 Amp Breaker and install a PD9280.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help and the link to the breaker, I will pick a breaker up and install that and the PD9280 I have.