Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    22 footer
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

22 footer
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/07
posted
OK so my search continues for a unit and I might have found one..but as always I have a few questions.. the unit is a 22 footer with the bathroom along the back..In examining the underside I noticed that along the back under where basically the bathroom is the thin metel undercarriage cover is pretty much rusted off..Infact there is a small storage compartment in the corner that was completely rusted away (no sides or bottom to speak of) the rust was pretty extensive ..My question is this just a thin cover I can hopefully just replace or is the back end of this unit pretty much toast ..
In reading the web site I am lead to believe that the floor coming from the top is ply wood 5/8 or 3/4 thick then aluminumim tubes with insulation between them then I guess an air space then this thin metal undercarriage cover...
the other concern was I also noticed a diesel fuel odor when driving but I felt that was from the engine cover not being on securly as it is missing the back hold down..checked for leaking fuel and dripping and did not notice either..

comments please should I forge ahead or panic or run from this unit.. everthing else seemed to work heater hot water furnace ...and generally other than dirty the unit was not too bad for an 82
Thanking you all in advance for you help and insight....
John Reilly

------------------
John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio

Posts: 87 | Location: Centerville, Ohio, USA | Member Since: 09-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post