Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    oil cooler hoses
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

oil cooler hoses
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Anyone have any idea where I can order a set of these for my 1988 460 ?
jack !!!

[This message has been edited by brandman (edited October 11, 2003).]

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking transmission cooler? How big of an ID line do you need, and how far are you going? In the street rods I have built I have always used good quality braided hose. I also use stainless steel tubing, and often a short hose to go to the fittings. This gives me some protection against movement etc. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Dale,
These are rubber hoses for the motor oil cooler which runs through the radiator and back up to the motor near the oil filter. There is a place here in town(Goodyear rubber) who can make a pair if I'm not able to locate them. I haven't measured them yet but they can't be much over five feet each. Are you suggesting that I use braided hoses instead of rubber ?

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they were rubber before and without braid then you can go with such. Braided lines just give added life, and kink protection. Too they are less likely to swell. Sounds as though you have it under control. Good luck. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post