Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Zip Dee Awnings
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Zip Dee Awnings
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We just purchased a 1991 33' Regal that did not have the standard Zip Dee Awning package. Being this coach is 14 years old is there a place where we could purchase salvage awnings verse new Zip Dee Awnings. We would like to install the full Awning package. The colors of the coach are silver, burgundy and dark grey...so the plain burgundy awning or the striped three colors would work. Any information would be appreciated.

Posts: 32 | Location: Hanover, PA USA | Member Since: 06-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
The closest surplus place to you is probably in Elkhart, IN which I know isn't all that close. https://www.rvsurplussalvage.com/index.php

there are Camping Worlds in both New Jersey and Ohio but non in PA and of course they would have everything for you there.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
A cost-effective alternative might be to consider a new non-self-storing unit....Basically, a cover that slides into a track on the coach with corner poles & support lines......More time & effort involved in set-up & take-down, but substantially less expensive than integral mounted units.....and shade is shade.....

CW & others sell many varieties........

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I have had excellent luck dealing with PPL Parts for our awning needs. You can access them on line at parts@pplmotorhomes.com

Posts: 29 | Location: Prescott, AZ, USA | Member Since: 06-28-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I put an awning on my unit that was taken off of a blown apart 2003 30' pull behind. I got it from a salvage yard and put it on my 33' 1991 Oshkosh Regal.

My rig did not come with an awning either. A word of advice for installation. Get 3 people, Pull up to a loading dock or a retaining wall, this will make the job alot easier. One person on the roof to pull the fabric thru the channel and the other 2 on the wall/dock to support the roll. Use dish detergent and apply to the channel. This will allow the fabric to slide without tearing or leaving a residue behind.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill, thanks for the advice. No mention of what salvage yard you found your awning at. I checked the place Dave recommended, I could not seen any Zip Dee awnings listed. I'm sure somewhere there is a wrecked or damaged coach that awnings could be salvaged. Guidence is always appreciated... we are newbie's. :-)

Posts: 32 | Location: Hanover, PA USA | Member Since: 06-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whamer: Have you called all the RV supply houses in your area? I know at least one here in Coeur d'Alene that has a bunch of left over and salvaged awning parts; may be some in your area???

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post